How to configure Outlook Express
The following article explains how to download mail from our hosting account using Microsoft Express.
- In Outlook Express, from the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- A box will appear. Click Add and select Mail.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear on your emails and click Next.
- Put in your email address then click Next.
- Set the server type as POP3.
- For incoming and outgoing mail servers, enter mail.greatbit.net or mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your domain name).
- Click on Next.
- Enter your email address for the Account Name. Enter the password you set for this
account. Note: Do NOT check the box "Log on using Secure Password Authentication".
- Click Next and then click Finish. After you click Finish, you should see the following
window. If not, go to the Tools menu, and click on Accounts. After clicking Accounts
the window will appear. In this window, click on your domain until it is highlighted,
then click on Properties.
- 10.When the next screen appears, click on the Servers tab. Under Outgoing Mail Server,
check the box next to My server requires authentication. Click Okay. Note: You MUST
do this step so you can send mail from your domain.
- Now, you're ready to send and receive mail. To set up multiple accounts, follow these steps again.